Taking a smart approach to motorcycle riding can greatly increase safety for yourself and other road users and enhance that sensational riding experience. But adopting a smart approach from the time you decide to buy a motorbike can not only increase riding but the overall ownership experience. A Queensland-based initiative, the Smart Rider program, has prompted our team at Jade Bike Loans to communicate the message to all riders and add our own professional advice on buying smart and taking a smart approach to sourcing a motorcycle loan.
First, the important safety messaging. While this campaign is being instigated in Queensland, safe and smart riding applies to all motorcycle riders across Australia. The Smart Rider program is an initiative of Steve McDowall, a highly-regarded motorcycle rider trainer, who runs courses throughout Queensland. The new move focuses on riders who are returning to riding after a break.
There has been a large increase in sales of motorcycles over the past 12 months, at least partially attributed to the fall-out of the coronavirus pandemic. Unfortunately, Queensland has also recorded an increase in fatalities from motorcycle crashes which has spurred the police and Government to increase safety in the sector.
The push is on to improve rider education, especially for those coming back in with the purchase of a new bike. The message is clear that motorcycle riders need to continually work on improving their skills and those returning should be undergoing refresher courses.
The plan is for courses for riders returning to be subsidised to increase the take-up of improving education. The policy could be in place in Queensland later this year. The work in developing the policy is being done by the Queensland Transport and Main Roads Department alongside the Queensland Police.
Reportedly, Queensland authorities have been emailing licensed riders to remind them of the importance of safety. But this is not a message which should be exclusively for sunshine state motorcycle riders. Australia-wide, riders should be focussing on safety and ensuring they have the skills to confidently and effectively handle their bike and the road conditions. More information here.
A key inclusion in the messaging is reminding returning riders that new generation motorbikes may be very different from the machines they have been used to riding previously. They are clearly more powerful, have far more tech and may require adapting riding style.
The focus is on roadcraft, braking and cornering especially. Queensland returning riders should keep an eye on announcements for offers to upgrade skills at reasonable prices and with a level of subsidy from the Government.
Riding smart is for everyone’s safety and the team at Jade Bike Loans want, above all, our customers to enjoy their riding safely.
Following on from the safety message, it is smart to buy a motorcycle that suits your capabilities. That applies to both new and returning riders. So speak with the dealer to ensure you’re across the different models and know which bike will suit your riding skills and current level of experience.
EOFY is approaching and many motorcycle dealers will be advertising sale events. This can present a great opportunity to get the bike you’ve to mean eyeing off at a good price reduction. But while it can be a smart move to buy at the sale price, there are some ‘buyer beware’ tips to note.
- Do your research and due diligence to ensure you are confident and comfortable that what you are being offered is a genuine price reduction. The motorbike dealer fraternity is on a whole a highly reputable sector but, it still pays to double-check. By ‘genuine’ we mean that the price wasn’t inflated in the lead-up to the sale event.
- If it’s not automatically obvious, ask for the specifics of the deal. Some special offers might be adding extras into the deal at no cost such as extended service deals. Read the fine print to ensure you know what the deal is and you’re comfortable that it suits you.
- Consider if the bike has all the options and accessories that you want and you’re not paying for extras that you don’t want or need.
- Some sale events are manufacturer originated and some are individual sales events by dealers. If it is a manufacturer-wide deal, the same offer could be available from all dealers. But some may be more open to shave a little extra off the price. Worth looking around.
- If the deal is in regard to a motorbike loan, speak with Jade Bike Loans before signing. We focus on achieving cheaper motorbike loans and getting our quote to compare with dealer finance could end up saving your dollars over the life of the loan.
- When buying insurance, check out the market to get the best deal. Our consultants may be able to direct you to a good offer on motorcycle insurance through our contacts.
Most buyers will be seeking a motorbike loan for their purchase and that is an area where we can offer not only advice but real assistance to ensure you are smart in securing your motorbike loan. Jade Bike Loans specialises in secured motorcycle and unsecured motorcycle loans and manage the entire process to save you time and ensure we deliver you the cheapest motorcycle loan available. Going with Jade can definitely be the smart way to arrange your bike loan.
To be a smart motorcycle loan applicant, call us on 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: IN REGARD TO ANY ERRORS OR MISREPRESENTATIONS IN THIS MATERIAL, NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED. THE DETAILS, CONTENT AND DATA IS PRESENTED PURELY FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES FOR MOTORBIKE BUYERS AND THOSE SEEKING MOTORCYCLE LOANS. THIS IS NOT INENDED AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION FOR FINANCIAL DECISIONS. IF SPECIFIC ADVICE IS REQUIRED AROUND FINANCIAL DECISIONS, READERS SHOULD SEEK THEIR OWN FINANCIAL ADVISOR.