It’s been a strange couple of years for everyone with many major purchase decisions put on hold in the uncertainty of COVID. But now that Australians appear to have found a way to live with the virus, it’s time to revisit that shopping list. Another motivating factor is interest rates on a motorcycle loan. Rates have been at historic lows thanks to the RBA dropping the cash rate to stimulate the economy through the pandemic. But as inflation picks up and unemployment falls, it appears the days of historic rates are to be consigned, ironically to history!
Getting a new motorbike with finance this year before rates rise is on the must-do list for many riders. Manufacturers are obliging keen buyers by launching new models into the Australian market for consideration. One new model due to hit dealerships in 2022 is the Himalayan Scram 411 from Royal Enfield. A new model and a new move for the manufacturer into the scrambler category.
We check out the pre-availability blurb for key features of new Royal Enfield models, update on the motorcycles loan available and how a pre-approved motorcycle loan works when delivery of the motorcycle is delayed.
Himalayan Scram 411: Overview
The Royal Enfield Himalayan Scram 411 has been described as an ADV cross-over. Using the same 411cc Himalayan engine but with a heap of features to give the Scram 411 its own unique identity. As Royal Enfield say, this is not a crossover which has been cosmetic and it’s not a pumped-up street machine. They say, this a brand new ‘subspecies’.
- 4 stroke, single cylinder, fuel injected, SOHC, air-cooled.
- 411 cc
- Wheels suited to scram mode: 17” rear, 19” front.
- Low seat height at 795mm is great for those long rides.
- Easily manoeuvres in the maze of urban streets.
- Wire-spoked wheels, dual-purpose tyres ensure good foot grip and the agility to take on different surfaces – tarmac, dirt, rougher roads.
- High ground clearance to allow comfortable riding on trickier terrain.
- Accessibility, playfulness and capabilities for adventurers are all attended to in this multi-purpose ride.
- Great colour choices.
- Tech-powered nav inclusions and Bluetooth to connect smart phone.
If the new Scram 411 sounds like your new motorcycle, check out the full specs and register your interest ahead of its arrival.
Motorbike Loan Options
If you’re in need of finance for the purchase, work up possible repayment estimates on our calculator or just hit GO and apply for a pre-approved bike loan. Whether applying for a loan before or after the purchase commitment, our Secured Motorcycle Loan is the most suitable loan for new motorcycles of all types, makes and models.
The security aspect refers to the motorcycle being the guarantee against the loan. The lender accepts the motorbike as security and registers their interest in the goods on the PPSR. When all payments are finalised, the security hold is released.
With this loan, we offer:-
- Fixed interest rate which remains fixed for the loan term, regardless of what happens with RBA and the cash rate and the lending market in general.
- Fixed loan terms which our consultants negotiate to achieve as close as possible to individual preferences.
- Fixed repayments result from the fixed interest rate and fixed loan term. This provides certainty around budgeting well in advance, across the entire loan term.
- Extra payments are permitted so the loan can be paid down faster and the bike fully-owned earlier. If a tax return comes in or a pay rise realised, the extra money can be made to the loan. This would result in the loan being finalised prior to the agreed loan term. In that event, minimal break fees would apply.
Pre-Approved Bike Loan and Delayed Deliveries
If applying for a pre-approved loan and the bike won’t be available for some months, there are aspects to consider:-
- Pre-approved loans have a validity time. When that time expires, a new loan quote will need to be sought. If working with Jade Bike Loans, your consultant will handle this process.
- If the pre-approved loan times out and a new quote is required, it will be quoted based on the interest rate on bike loans at the time. That may be different from the pre-approved loan. But we always work towards the cheapest offer.
- The re-quoted loan will be based on the credit rating at that time. Ensure you keep your credit in good order to ensure the cheapest loan offer.
- There is no obligation with a pre-approved loan. So if you change your mind when you finally get to test ride your Scram 411, no problems.
There may be delays with the arrival of new bike models, but there is no delays when applying for finance with Jade Bike Loans. Quick quotes and fast approvals are our standard operating style.
For a quote on a motorbike loan for a new Royal Enfield Scram 411 contact Jade Bike Loans on 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: IN REGARD TO ANY ERRORS OR MISREPRESENTATIONS IN THIS MATERIAL, NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED. THE DETAILS, CONTENT AND DATA IS PRESENTED PURELY FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES FOR MOTORBIKE BUYERS AND THOSE SEEKING MOTORCYCLE LOANS. THIS IS NOT INTENDED AS THE SOLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION FOR FINANCIAL DECISIONS. IF SPECIFIC ADVICE IS REQUIRED AROUND FINANCIAL DECISIONS, READERS SHOULD SEEK THEIR OWN FINANCIAL ADVISOR.