- Maybe your motor bike purchase is your first major life purchase and the first time you’ve applied for a loan and you’re doing your research.
- Possibly, this current motorcycle buy may be one of many you’ve acquired over a long obsession (well perhaps attachment) the adrenaline derived from 2 wheels but you still have queries around bike loans.
- Perhaps you’ve never organised a motorbike loan through a finance broker and want to clear a few reservations.
- Or maybe you just want to know more about what’s involved in getting a loan for a motorcycle without having to call up and ask someone.
Whatever the reason you want to know more, Jade Bike Loans welcomes your questions no matter how basic they may be. We’ve answered plenty of questions over the many years that we’ve been providing bike-riding devotees with cheap bike loans to follow their 2 wheel dreams.
We’ve collated a collection of commonly asked questions, with a particular focus on younger riders and first bike loaners.
Finance broker sounds like something for older people and businesses. I’m only young, can I still use a finance broker?
- That’s an easy one to start with and the answer is YES. Our finance broker services are available to individuals for personal loans and to businesses. Consumer loans and business finance have different loan types but Jade Bike Loans handles both loan categories.
How old do you have to be to get a loan for a motorbike?
- In Australia, personal must be aged 18 and over to enter into a lending contract alone. Often a parent, guardian or older sibling may go guarantor for those under 18 seeking a loan.
- Individual lenders do have their own guidelines in regard to loans for those in the younger, 18-21 year old age group and your Jade consultant will seek the appropriate and best loan to suit your specific requirements.
I’ve only recently started working full-time, can I get a bike loan?
- Every bike loan is considered on the basis of meeting the individual application guidelines of individual lenders.
- As professional motorbike finance brokers, Jade Bike Loans is accredited with many banks and lenders so we know which lender will best suit your requirements.
- Having a good employment record is a positive in any loan application.
Friends are saying I should just apply for a bike loan from the bank online. Isn’t that a simple process without using a broker?
- For some applicants, applying for a loan from a bank through their online process can be a straightforward process, for others that don’t meet the stringent bank requirements it can pose challenges.
- Jade Bike Loans offers a very simple and straightforward loan process which we consider delivers a better outcome in most instances than borrowers approaching a lender directly.
- It only takes one phone call to Jade to get the process started and we handle the hard work for you – sourcing you the best offer from across our vast lending panel.
- Due to our strong bargaining power we very often achieve a much better interest rate than the banks are advertising and a lower interest rate means lower monthly repayments.
The motorcycle dealer is offering me a good bike loan. Shouldn’t I just sign up for that? Seems like a convenient process.
- Sounds easy but it may cost you more in the long run, as in over the term of your loan.
- Finance arranged or referred by dealers can often include higher fees and charges and in some cases referral commissions. Costs that your Jade consultant may assist you in avoiding.
- We would strongly advise that you ask Jade Bike Loans for a quote anyway so you can compare the two. We offer a quick quote service so it won’t take long and then you can make your own decisions.
- We strongly believe and our track record shows, that we repeatedly achieve better bike loan offers than dealer finance offers.
Can Jade match the 0% interest rate bike loan that I’ve seen advertised elsewhere?
- 0% interest rate loans can most often be a promotional or marketing strategy.
- Potential buyers are drawn in to what appears an amazing offer, only to find inflated loan charges and fees hidden in the contract fine print and/or that the low interest rate is only for an introductory period.
- There’s a lot more to know about this type of bike loan offer and we strongly advise people to get other quotes and compare the comparison interest rate which reflects the true cost of the loan.
- Jade Bike Loans will source you a genuine ‘best interest rates’ bike loans.
What type of loan is available for a first bike loan?
- A Secured Bike Loan is the most popular form of bike loan for a bikes purchased for personal use.
- Your Jade Bike Loan will include a fixed interest rate, fixed loan term and fixed monthly repayments.
- When you take out a loan, the lender will usually require you to take out comprehensive insurance on your motorcycle. Ensure you budget for that expense.
Jade Bike Loans welcomes enquiries from both first time and long-time bike riders. So please feel free to contact us with any questions you have or for a quick quote on your new ride.
To discuss a motorbike loan speak with a Jade Bike Loans consultant on 1300 000 003
DISCLAIMER: THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS FOR GENERAL CONSIDERATION. ANY REFERENCE TO OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT POLICIES HAS BEEN SOURCED FROM AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT AND STATE GOVERNMENT SOURCES. INFORMATION ON INDIVIDUAL VEHICLE SPECS IS SOURCED FROM THE MANUFACTURER WEBSITE. NO LIABILITY IS ACCEPTED FOR ANY ERRORS IN PRESENTATION OR INTERPRETATION OF THE FACTS AS PROVIDED BY THESE SOURCES. WE ADVISE ALL INDIVIDUALS AND BUSINESSES TO REFER TO THEIR ACCOUNTANT OR FINANCIAL ADVISOR FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE SPECIFIC TO THEIR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES.